Our customers are desperate for a solution to extend their single beds and we’ve got the solution you’ve been looking for.
You might want to extend your single bed to:
- Accommodate taller guests in a guest room, because there’s nothing worse than guests waking up tired.
- Extend the single bed that your child (typically the son!) is out-growing at a rapid rate.
Whatever your reason our single bed extender is cost-effective and sustainable. You’ll be able to keep the same bed and even the same bedding.
You will finish this article knowing exactly what you need and how to extend a single bed.
Step 1: Pull the divan bed from the wall
You’ll want to make sure you can access the headboard of the bed with ease. We recommend pulling the divan bed about 7 or 8 inches from the wall.
If your bed has a headboard, remove it.
Step 2: Unpack the Single PillowShelf
Unpack the Single PillowShelf. Unfold it and lock the legs open.
Stand the PillowShelf next to the bed and set the height of the PillowShelf.
TIP: We recommend starting with a height between 1-2cm below the height to the top of the mattress.
You might find you need a little less space if the mattress is firm and/or the occupant is light.
Or, a little more if the mattress is soft and/or the occupant is heavy.
Step 3: Position the single PillowShelf
Now set the PillowShelf at the head of the bed.
Slide the supplied white fitted sheet over the top of the PillowShelf.
Step 4: Attach the PillowShelf to the bed
- Fold out the headboard brackets on the legs
- Align them with the standard holes in the divan base
- Screw the spacers through the brackets into the standard holes.
- If you have one, refit the headboard to the other end of the spacers. Additional spacers can be purchased in pairs for tall headboards with 4 or 6 bolts.
- Push the bed back in place
- Place the Pillows further up the bed which cover the join
Your bed is now six inches longer.
For more articles dedicated to a better nights sleep, read: